October 16, 2014

liebster award

We were nominated by one of our favorite international bloggers,
the ever lovely Gemma Following Arrows for the Liebster Award (read here for more details on what YOU have to do if we nominated you!).
The Lieber Award is an award given to bloggers to help them grow and network.
 We were so honored to be nominated by Gemma! We have been following
her instagram and blog, and she has quickly become one of our favorite people to follow.



 As part of nomination, Gemma has challenged us to answer a few questions
about us and in turn nominate some of our favorite bloggers
to answer 10 questions. We had fun answering them and can't wait
for some of OUR favorites to answer our questions!

Our answers to Gemma's questions!


1.    What/Who inspired you to start blogging?

g: I have always had this creative side of me but now outlet for it.
I think one of the first bloggers ever i discovered that really inspired
me to start my own was the Glamourai. I loved how she conveyed
so much creativity into one channel and it really got me thinking "Hey! I
can do this too!"
 f: Initially, I started a blog after college when I didn't find a job in my field.  For the most part I collected ideas and images but never actually laid them out on the blog, I’ve always been interested in the editing side of journalism. Emily and I joined forces to escape everyday life and celebrate adventure.

2. Who takes the photos for your blog?

f+g: We are fortunate to have a lot of help. There are two of us
so usually we take them of each other, or, if one of us is busy
we utilize our "third" unofficial member (and roommate) Maggie.

3. What is your favorite clothing store?

g: The Thrift store! 
  f: Nordstrom for investment pieces and of course, thrift stores.

4. What's your favorite beverage?

g: I would be crazy not to say coffee. 
 f: Embarrassingly, it is milk.

5. What are your favorite shoes in your closet?

 g: My two-toned lace up genuine leather boots. I am crazy about them.
 f: black booties

6. What's your go-to outfit?

g: Currently, I am really into simple dresses with a good
pair of knee socks, oxfords and a good wide brim hat with
some other layering piece like scarves or a blazer.
 f: black on black with accessories.

7. What is your favorite holiday season? 
 
g: I like to think fall as a holiday. I love everything about it.
f: October, Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love the decor.

8. What do you do to relieve stress?

g: Design. If i am really stressed out I like to take my mind

off it my working on my computer, or getting out the sewing machine. It's very therapeutic. 
 f: I will fake shop online by browsing, listen to music or hit the gym.


9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

g: hands down, Ireland. 
  f: Anywhere by an ocean. Probably a town like Savannah, GA, southern, historic and of course, near the water.

10. What is a secret quirk that you have? 

g: Danica {not so} secretly thinks she’s detective.
 f: Emily has an serious addiction to sriracha, she puts it on absolutely everything!
                                 



Blogs we nominate:

The Frugalista Diaries
Madame Ostrich
Creature Type
A Colorful Chaos
Honey and Denim
The Style Tab
Heartland Underdog

1.       What are the five things that you always carry in your bag?
2.       Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
3.       What’s your hidden talent?
4.       What are you wearing as you type this?
5.       What was the last item you bought?
6.       How long have you been blogging?
7.       As a child, what did you want to be “when you grew up”?
8.       What’s going to be your big fall purchase?
9.       What’s your biggest fear?
10.    What are your hobbies besides blogging?




We appreciate the support from our fellow bloggers in the community.
Find us and Following Arrows on Instagram and follow the adventure!



fox + gypsy


No comments:

Post a Comment